There are 7 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Universities".
Displaying: 1 - 7 of 7
- 1. The missing ingredient in innovation: patience
The following article from Professor David Gann of Imperial College, with Mark Dodgson of Queensland University, re-published from the World Economic Forum, describes why ‘patient capital’ is so crucial for universities and government working to achieve a target of 2.4 per cent investment in research and development by 2027.
- By Mark Dodgson, David Gann, Alice Frost
- 2. How the Maxwell Centre is bringing together the full spectrum of science and engineering in west Cambridge
Professor Sir Richard Friend, Cavendish Professor of Physics, Director, Maxwell Centre, University of Cambridge explains how funding from the UK Research Partnership Investment Fund has helped create new activities in science and engineering in Cambridge.
- By Professor Sir Richard Friend
- 3. Collaborative research efforts can keep the UK at the cutting edge of the rail sector
Siemens’ Head of Innovation, Jo Binstead, looks at how collaboration between industry and academia can help the UK remain a world-leader in rail.
- By Jo Binstead
- 4. Fighting cancer's drug resistance with an evolutionary approach to research
Dr Sam Dick of the Cancer Research Institute, London, talks about how a £30m grant from the UK Research Partnership Investment Fund will go towards constructing a new multidisciplinary Centre for Cancer Drug Discovery.
- By Dr Sam Dick
- 5. Underpinning research excellence: a case for capital funded projects
Senior Policy Advisor at Research England, Helen Snaith, assesses the impact of the UK Research Partnership Investment Fund over the last six years and looks at how the scheme will continue to have impact.
- By Helen Snaith
- 6. Nurturing 'islands' of excellence in a developing UK research landscape
We invited Professor Sir Ian Diamond, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Aberdeen and chair of the Expanding Excellence in England (E3) assessment panel, to share his thoughts on developments in the UK’s research landscape and the potential for Research England’s first new funding scheme
- By Ian Diamond
- 7. Research England – shaping university research and knowledge exchange
David Sweeney, Research England's Executive Chair, sets out Research England's role in sustaining the conditions in English universities that will enable the country to remain a world leader in the higher education sector.
- By David Sweeney
Displaying: 1 - 7 of 7