Research England publishes institution-level allocations for 2019-20
Research England has published further details on funding for individual higher education institutions (HEIs) for 2019-20.
This follows the Circular Letter, ‘Funding for higher education institutions for 2019-20’ (RE-CL-2019-03), published on 2 July 2019.
Information published includes:
- A short publication, Research and knowledge exchange funding (RE-P-2019-05), which provides a brief summary of Research England’s funding decisions and approach for 2019-20
- A plain English guide to how Research England funds HEIs in England, called ‘Research England: how we fund higher education institutions’ can be found here.
- Technical guidance - this shows the detailed methodology that drives Research England’s funding
- Individual grant tables at an HEI level – these are Excel spreadsheets showing how much money each university will receive in 2019-20
This announcement only applies to the funding Research England provides on an annual basis. Funding for specific projects or initiatives will continue to be announced separately.
Details are provided for the coming academic year August 2019 to July 2020, except for capital funding, which is provided for the financial year April 2019 to March 2020.
For media enquiries, contact Tamera Jones, 07342 025443, or James Giles-Franklin, 07702 611906, email@example.com
For queries about annual funding, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research England is a public body that shapes healthy, dynamic research and knowledge exchange in universities. It distributes funding to universities, primarily in England but also in the rest of the UK; it works to understand their strategies, capabilities and capacity; and it supports and challenges universities to create new knowledge, strengthen the economy, and enrich society. Research England is part of UK Research and Innovation alongside the seven Research Councils and Innovate UK.