Allocations from the 2018-19 Strategic Priorities Fund, and re profiling of payments of research funding
Dear Vice-Chancellor or Principal,
Notice of additional funding and a re-profiling of payments relating to existing research funding
- Research England has been allocated an element of the UK Research and Innovation Strategic Priorities Fund budget to distribute to higher education institutions (HEIs) for 2018-19.
- A total of £16.3 million will be distributed to HEIs in proportion to their 2018‑19 Quality-related Research (QR) funds, excluding the element relating to the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF).
- This additional amount is not base-lined and there is no expectation of a further allocation for 2019-20.
- Allocations to institutions are shown in Annex A and payment will be made to HEIs in March 2019.
- Additionally, we have reviewed the profile of payments of QR (excluding GCRF) to HEIs across the months of the academic year 2018-19.
- We will be adjusting the profile by bringing forward some payments that had been scheduled for April 2019 into March 2019.
- The re-profiling of payments does not affect the total research allocation announced for the HEI for the academic year 2018-19 listed in Annex A of the publication RE-P-2018-04 ‘Research and knowledge exchange funding for 2018-19: Recurrent grants and formula capital allocations’; only the timing of payments is affected.