Circular Letter: Notice of Accelerated Quality-related Research (QR) Funding - Confirmation of Allocation
13 May 2020
Dear Vice-Chancellor or Principal
- Research England has brought forward £100m of Quality-related research (QR) funding to eligible higher education institutions (HEIs) for the academic year 2019-20
- This accelerated payment will be distributed to institutions eligible to receive funding from Research England in proportion to their 2019-20 Quality-related Research (QR) funds, excluding the element relating to the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF)
- Allocations will be paid in May 2020 (full details can be found in Annex A)
- This accelerated payment is to be spent on activities eligible for QR funding
- The same Terms and Conditions as those applied to QR funding apply; no new conditions have been introduced, including no specifications on the timescale for when the funding must be spent.