Research England Engagement Forum – 26 September, 2019, London
This will be our fourth engagement event and we have incorporated much of the feedback we received following our last forum in Birmingham in February this year. This will be an interactive event, aimed at Vice Chancellors, Pro-Vice Chancellors and other senior leaders with responsibilities for research, innovation and knowledge exchange.
A detailed agenda will follow but, in the meantime, here is a flavour of what you can expect.
- We are delighted to present an international perspective from Professor Heinz Fassmann of the University of Vienna, who will give the keynote address on the wider changing context for investment in research and how we can deliver the best outcomes from that investment. Professor Fassmann will share observations and experiences from the Austrian HE system, framed from the perspective of responding to a significant increase in research funding, looking at both challenges and successes.
- You will hear from our Executive Chair, David Sweeney, who will set the scene for a discussion on the latest government developments, such as the 2.4% target.
- We will trail the publication of Research England’s forthcoming Institutions Engagement Strategy, describing the purpose of and our approach to engagement with the sector.
- The UKRI Strategy Team will be represented and there will be opportunities to hear their perspective on government developments, including feedback they have collected from the HE sector about the 2.4% target.
- There will be interactive Q&A sessions, as well as the opportunity to contribute questions and observations for a later panel discussion.
- A Policy Panel discussion will bring together Research England Council members, the UKRI Strategy Team, and our Directors of Research and Knowledge Exchange, who will informally explore questions and issues collected from delegates earlier in the day.
- An informal marketplace will enable you to circulate and network with Research England policy and funding leads.
- There will be a final opportunity to engage with our Executive Chair.
The Engagement Forum will take place from 10:00 to 4:00 on 26th September 2019 in London. For more information about the Engagement Forum and how to register, please email the Communications Team: firstname.lastname@example.org